17-time singles Grand slam champion Serena Williams, two-time major title winner Li Na and in-form Simona Halep are dominating women’s singles in latest WTA Rankings, as of 28th July 2014.
32-year-old American Serena Williams will lead 2014 Bank of the West Classic, schedule to begin from Monday 28th July in Stanford. Serena is considered as hot favorite to clinch Stanford Open ahead of the Rogers Cup, Cincinnati Masters and US Open. Serena has regained top place with 9231 points followed by Chinese Li Na at second place with 6960 points and Simona Halep at third place with 6785 points announced by the WTA Tour on Monday.
Petra Kvitova, who has showed best performance by winning 2014 Wimbledon Championships crown for second time in her career, she holds fourth place with 6070 points in the latest WTA Rankings. Czech Republic star is looking forward to continue her form to clinch first ever US Open.
Five-time Grand slam winner Maria Sharapova has been working hard in training on hard courts and she wants to prepare well for the 2014 US Open. Russian beauty will travel to Montreal to take part in the WTA Tournament at the Rogers Cup begins next week.
Canadian Eugenie Bouchard is considered as one of the hot favorite to clinch Rogers Cup in front of home fans and she is having most of the chances to climb into top five WTA Rankings.
Latest WTA rankings, as of 28th July 2014
1. Serena Williams (USA) 9,231 points
2. Li Na (CHN) 6,960
3. Simona Halep (ROM) 6,785
4. Petra Kvitova (CZE) 6,070
5. Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) 5,330
6. Maria Sharapova (RUS) 4,881
7. Eugénie Bouchard (CAN) 4,460
8. Angelique Kerber (GER) 4,365
9. Jelena Jankovic (SRB) 3,900
10. Victoria Azarenka (BLR) 3,812
11. Ana Ivanovic (SRB) 3,660
12. Dominika Cibulkova (SVK) 3,636
13. Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) 3,050 (+2)
14. Flavia Pennetta (ITA) 3,039 (-1)
15. Sara Errani (ITA) 3,035 (-1)
16. Carla Suarez Navarro (ESP) 2,695
17. Lucie Safarova (CZE) 2,675
18. Andrea Petkovic (GER) 2,460
19. Samantha Stosur (AUS) 2,415
20. Ekaterina Makarova (RUS) 2,380